Before you look at these resources here is an important disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
- Church Growth Flywheel: 5 Practical Systems to Drive Growth at Your Church, by Rich Birch and Carl George
- Faith without Fear: How to Share What You Believe with Confidence and Power, by Jeff Jerina
- Mission Minded: A Tool for Planning Your Ministry Around Christ's Mission, by Peter Bolt. This book is currently out of print but you can find it for a couple of bucks used. Don't pay any more than 2-3 dollars for a used copy.
- Six Strategies for Effective Church Communications, by Yvon Prehn. Ms. Prehn has written 10 books all on various aspects of church communication and marketing.
Books That Will Help with Assimilation
- Becoming a Welcoming Church, by Thom S. Rainer
- Church Greeters 101: Putting the Pieces Together for an Effective Greeting Team, by Rev, Christopher Walker
- Fusion: Turning First-time Guests into Fully Engaged Members of Your Church, by Nelson Searcy
- People are the Mission: How Churches Can Welcome Guests Without Compromising the Gospel, by Danny Franks
Books That Will Help with Discipleship
- Building A Discipling Culture: Third Edition, by Mike Breen
- Discipleship Uncomplicated, by Warren Haynes
- Making Friends, Making Disciples, by Lee B. Spitzer
- The Master Plan of Evangelism, by Robert E. Coleman If you are only going to read one book on discipleship read this one.
- The Trellis and the Vine: The Ministry Mind-shift that Changes Everything, by Colin Marshall and Tony Payne
Church Growth in a Box - www.Churchgrowthinabox.com. Created by Hugh Plappert. At this writing, it costs $1.99 per month to subscribe. Hugh provides many outreach ideas and he creates for you all the materials necessary to promote and lead this outreach.
Church Marketing Sucks – www.ChurchMarketingSucks.com. Many articles and helps on the subject of church communication and marketing.
Effective Church Communications – www.effectivechurchcom.com. By Yvon Prehn the author of two books listed above. She has a podcast, a blog, helpful resources, and a free newsletter.
The Navigators in The Philippines have a great website on outreach and discipleship. The URL is www.philnavs.org. I suggest you check out the intentional discipleship pages at https://www.philnavs.org/ministries/church-discipleship/intentional-discipleship/ I also suggest you put the NavPlayBook App on your phone and explore all of its features. There is information in the app that is not on the website.