I've been putting together a list of books that I feel every Christian should read. My current list is just below.
- Knowing God by J. I. Packer
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
- Through the Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
- The Insanity of God by Nik Ripken and Gregg Lewis
- Heaven by Randy Alcorn
- The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
- How Should We Then Live? by Francis A. Schaeffer
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
Pastors, who are a part of my weekly text group, submitted the titles below. Some I have read, many I have not. They do look like some great choices. Thanks to all of you who participated.
- The Imperfect Disciple, Grace for People Who Can't Get Their Act Together by Jared C. Wilson
- Trusting God by Jerry Bridges
- Conformed to His Image by Ken Boa
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry, How to Stay Emotionally Healthy and Spiritually Alive in the Chaos of the Modern World by John Mark Corner
- None of These Diseases: The Bible's Health Secrets for the 21'st Century by S.I. McMillen
- The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions by Arthur Bennett
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- Triumph of Truth: The Life of Martin Luther by Jean Henri Merle D'Aubigne
- God Isn't in a Hurry by Warren Wiersbe
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
- Experiencing God: Knowing God and Doing the Will of God by Claude V. King and Henry T. Blackaby
- Prayer: Communing with God in Everything by A.W. Tozer
- The Pilgrim's Progress: Experience the Spiritual Classic through 40 Days of Daily Devotion by John Bunyan and Harold Myra
- A Look at Life from a Deer Stand by Steve Chapman
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee
- Final Word: Why We Need the Bible by John MacArthur
- Jesus Driven Ministry by Ajith Fernando
Before you look at these books here is an important disclosure. These links are affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these books because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make.
Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.