Dr. John Thorington of Restoring Hearts Counseling shares his expertise in counseling teens, couples, and church leaders who struggle with sexual addiction and other compulsive behaviors.
Dr. Thorington is a licensed professional counselor. He is also certified as a Sexual Recovery Therapist by the American Association of Sex Addiction Therapy. He holds four degrees—a BA in Religion and Psychology, a Master of Divinity, a Doctor of Ministry degree, and an MA in Community Counseling.
John works as a pastoral counselor at Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs, CO, and has 29 years of experience as a pastor in the local church. He is able to offer confidential, specialized help to pastors. He is also the author of the book Pure Teens: Honoring God, Relationships, and Sex
Dr. Thorington Shared
- His testimony - 1:00
- The focus of Restoring Hearts Counseling - 3:10
- The widespread nature of sexual addiction, especially pornography within the church - 4:40
- What tweens are and why is social media bad for them
- The intended reader of this book Pure Teens: Honoring God, Relationships, and Sex - 6:13
- The purpose of the Sexual Integrity Workouts at the end of each chapter - 10:55
- Steps a teenager can take to create a battle plan to stay porn free - 11:40
- How a pastor can struggle with porn - 16:00
- His three-day intensives for pastors and their spouses - 17:50
- The follow-up that is provided - 21:30
Contact InfoJohn's email is John@restoringheartscounseling.com
ResourcesHis book Pure Teens, Honoring God, Relationships, and Sex
He also recommended The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals, by Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, and Jim Huling
Thanks for listening to this episode of Coaching Christian Leaders.
Please subscribe to Coaching Christian Leaders and never miss an episode. You can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, and most any podcast app. Also, visit our Facebook Page and leave a review there or join the conversation.
Finally, join the Coaching Christian Leaders team. You can do so by clicking HERE. I send an email to all team members when a new episode is released. This email includes the show notes and Member Only Resources. I will never share your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Check out this episode!