An Interview with Dr. Curtis McDaniel Jr.
Is our faith still relevant in a post-Christian culture? Has the church lost the right to comment on cultural issues? Today, Dr. Henry Curtis McDaniel will answer these questions.
Dr. Henry Curtis McDaniel Jr. is the founder and president of the Center for Reaching a Post-Christian Culture. He graduated cum laude from Columbia International University and obtained a Master of Divinity from Covenant Theological Seminary. He has earned two doctorates - a D.Min from Fuller Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. from Duquesne University.
Dr. McDaniel is the author of two books - When I Need God the Most and God Is All My Hope and Stay. He also wrote a series of books with his wife, Karen McDaniel called Life Brighteners.
- His Faith Story - 1:00
- The world is changing drastically - 4:30
- The birth of the post-Christian America - 6:30
- Define the post-Chrisitan condition - 7:07
- How our thinking has changed - 10:23
- The Da Vinci Code as an example - 16:20
- The role of the church in a post-Christian culture - 18:37
- The two paradoxes of the church - 22:27
- Building intellectual scaffolds - 28:12
- His upcoming book - 31:27
- His advice to pastors - 33:12
ResourcesHis website - http://www.postchristiancondition.org/
God's Greatness and Glory is Made Most Powerful: Celebrating the Life of My Beloved Wife, Karen Preston McDaniel 1957-2017
Closing ThoughtsThanks for listening to this episode of Coaching Christian Leaders.
Please subscribe to Coaching Christian Leaders and never miss an episode. You can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, and most any podcast app. Also, visit our Facebook Page and leave a review there or join the conversation.
Finally, join the Coaching Christian Leaders team. You can do so by clicking HERE. I send an email to all team members when a new episode is released. This email includes the show notes and Member Only Resources. I will never share your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Check out this episode!